Happy New Year! 2014 recap – Top 5 Best Blues Artists, the new “Goat Report,” a cookbook, Robert Johnson book, Koko Taylor award voting, “A New Day” reviews, and new songs!
I hope that this year has started out good for you, and that it will be the best year ever!
As I’m writing this, I’m thinking about all the good stuff that happened in 2014. Here’s a recap of some of the highlights of my year!
- One of my photos got chosen to be on the cover of a book by James Nuttall about Robert Johnson, and I got a copy in the mail last week. I’m so tickled about that! It’s only available for kindle right now, and you can get your copy at http://www.amazon.com/Preaching-Blues-Times-Robert-Johnson/dp/1505627672
- Several of my mama goats had some baby goats born on Christmas Eve, and they are beautiful! And Sippie’s doing good, and her baby Sip is enjoying his new home and family.
- I was nominated for a Blues Music Award – the Koko Taylor Award! Voting is open to all members of the Blues Foundation. If you’re not a member yet, you can easily join on their website. http://www.blues.org/membership/individual-membership. Then you can vote up till March 2nd.
- Some of my photographs won some first and second place ribbons at the Georgia National Fair.
- I helped produce an album for Lisa Biales, which was nominated for a Blues Blast Award for “Acoustic Album of the Year.”
- My new album came out in September. “A New Day” is getting lots of airplay, and it’s still getting great reviews!
- Several of my recipes were included in the Blues Foundation’s “Cooking with HART” cookbook. You can buy it at http://www.shopbluesfoundation.org/cooking-with-hart, and all the proceeds go to the HART fund.
- Because I was on Vinny Bond Marini’s “Music On The Couch” program, I now have a chance to be featured in his 2016 calendar, for the month of September. And YOU can vote at http://www.musiconthecouch.com/#!calendar-contest/c1uk4.
- I performed at clubs, festivals, and theaters, several in new areas; did a couple of Blues in the Schools events; performed for more private events; did quite a few solo shows, got to do some shows with my incredible Blue South Band, and I joined Lisa Biales for several Peach Pickin’ Mamas shows. It was a GREAT year on the road!
- A song I wrote with Tom Horner and Sunny Stephens aired on “The Fosters” on ABC Family.
- I ended up in the top 5 “Best Blues Artists of 2014″! I’m in good company with Joe Bonamassa, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Gary Clark Jr., and Eric Bibb. Read more about it here. http://www.axs.com/best-blues-artists-of-2014-35943.
I had a good Christmas and New Year’s Eve, takin’ it easy at home with family, friends and my pets. I’m so enjoying watching the baby goats jumping and running. They’re a sight to see. I’ve got a new page on my website dedicated to my goats, so you can check back regularly. Just click on the “Goat Report!”
I’m gearing up for my birthday on January 17th. My Blue South Band and I will be performing at one of our all-time favorite venues, the Bradfordville Blues Club in Tallahassee, Florida. Come one, come all! We’ll have a ball!
It’s time to start thinking about my next album, so I need to write some new songs. I’ll be busy at home writing for a while. I’ll be around Georgia and Tennessee this month, but I hope to see you down the road in the coming months. Keep an eye on my schedule, because we’ll be adding some more tour dates as we get them contracted.
I sure appreciate ALL of you! You mean the world to me.
Keep a song in your heart!